Saturday, January 17, 2009

Week of 12/21/2008 - 12/27/2008

Christmas! (... but Santa doesn't bring me a new foot...)

Went home to Boston for the holidays. No training to report for the following reasons:

1) There's a lot of snow... a LOT of snow. The first day I shoveled snow for like, an hour... most of the difficulty was because there was already so much snow everywhere else, that we had already run out of places to PUT the new snow. All of the sidewalks and parking spaces were under 3 feet of snow, and all of the streets were full of displaced parked vehicles, and annoyed moving vehicles trying to get around said parked vehicles. It was crazy. My back hurt a whole lot the day after from hurling snow as high as it would go to make larger mountains of snow.

2) My L ankle hurt... from Saturday's run, for about 5 days. The first 3 were fairly excruciating, in so much that it affected my ability to walk... then after that it was just a dull ache and an occasional stabbing pain.

I guess the good news is that I was not as tempted to run as had their been less pain and less snow. I wished for a new L foot, as I do every time there's an occasion where gifts are given to me... but alas, I did not receive one (like all of the other times). But Merry Christmas nonetheless!

No comments: