Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Week of 02/24/2008 - 03/01/2008 (Dying Week 2)

Contrary to popular belief, being a boss if freakin' hard work.

Spent Sunday also entirely in bed, and tried very hard to be somewhat presentable for my new Junior Resource's (henceforth referred to as "Minion") first day. Did not succeed in that. It is very, very hard to retain the presence of a competent, individual that's got their shit together, when you are coughing violently, pale, and wheezing as we toddled up the one flight of stairs. Somehow, I got through the day and Minion still seemed enthused about coming back tomorrow. I guess I'll call that a victory.

Coughing gradually subsided over the course of the week, but the feeling of being perpetually out of breath took a while longer to depart. Towards the end of the week I felt optimistic about trying a run again, but then I acquired a sinus infection. Apparently my left side is cursed, because only those sinuses were affected. That is also the side with 1/2 an ACL, a metal plate holding my ankle together, and the bad toe.... wtf?

Unfortunately, the major symptoms of the sinus infection were fever, headache and radiating pain in the left side of my face, which also makes for poor running. I was starting to get pretty freaked out by Saturday, but was much improved after Herr Doctor Meinhold's mysterious voodoo remedy, the Chamomile Tea Inhalation.

Will the dying ever stop? No runs this week.

No comments: