Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Week of 09/02/2007 - 09/08/2007 (Transition Week 3)

Healing.

This week will be taken off from exercise so that I can heal, in various respects. I have decided that its just not a great idea to start the running again on feet that are still so questionable. I want to get through at least a week without pain before I start to jog (slowly and painfully) again.

Other factors exacerbating my return are the increasingly severe allergies (both external and food related) including a new violent reaction to prolonged contact with sweat. Life has just become one big miserable inflammation. I feel like I'm always uncomfortable, and just taking stabs in the dark as to what I ate, stepped on, walked through today to cause the problem. To solve this... I will be fasting, sleeping and watching DVDs in my room this week. After this period of rebooting, I will introduce foods and activities one at a time so that I can more accurately ascertain what causes allergic reactions so that they can be more effectively avoided.

Well, off I go now--wish me luck. Expect the next update next week. Happy running to the rest of you!

2 comments:

Katherine said...

Hopefully you won't starve as long as you retain tolerance for maltodextrin.

Ian said...

50lbs delivered right to your door. Don't forget a vitamin supplement now and then.