Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Week of 06/17/2007 - 06/23/2007 (Separated 2nd Metatarsal Joint Week 7)


A Medical Mystery...

My parents are vitamin freaks. I guess I'm kind of a vitamin freak too, or now that I'm an athlete, I've become somewhat of a pill freak. In the beginning, I had the Granny pill box of every vitamin and every supplement and every training fad ever to have existed... but I'm starting to weed out the ones that don't seem to work. After extensive research, I've debunked the whole glucosamine craze. That's already 3 fewer pills a day.

Enter WOBenzyme... the mysterious, expensive little red pill that comes in packs of 800. While skeptical at first, I ended up swallowing 15 of these after my last crash. Strangely, within an hour of taking this, the swelling reduced drastically on my banged up elbows, and all of the scabs healed a lot faster than when I skinned my knees when I fell on a late night run.

I ordered my own bottle which arrived last Friday, so on a whim I started taking them despite the lack of acute trauma. Within a few days, I noticed that the residual soreness and swelling in my toe began to subside after a long period of plateaued improvement. Coincidence? The mystery continues...

Sunday 06/17: Missed going to the gym due to visitors from a far away land. Culinary tour of the Pasadena area with friend from highschool friend. Boba tea and In 'n Out... SO FAT...

Monday 06/18: Back on the ball. An encouraging day at the gym. Still pretty weak, but weights getting easier, kind of getting settled into a routine. I can almost see the light at the end of the tunnel, like I may actually survive without ending up in the looney bin. Did core strengthening and stretching to round out an 80 minute session.

In other news, the last of my purchases arrived in the mail today! Spiffy new cycling shoes that fit my orthotics perfectly. Hopefully this will help with my feet once I'm back in the saddle. Really looking forwards to moving into the walking/riding/physical therapy phase in 1.5 weeks!

Tuesday 06/19 - Saturday 06/23: Nothing. I'm a big loser :). Couldn't work up the motivation to go the gym, etc. Lots of distractions, fussing over new bike parts. Getting inordinately fat. This is bad... but thankfully the end is in sight. Counting the days until the cast comes off!

2 comments:

Katherine said...

Oooh new shoes... did you get the yellow or the red ones?

Ryan said...

This is great! I was just thinking about you: "You know what Megumi needs in her life? MORE PILLS!"