Saturday, September 5, 2009

Starting over, yet again...

08/23/2009 - 08/29/2009 (Week 0)

So, the universe has spoken. The mountains are burning, meaning that, even if I wanted to I wouldn't be able to get any quality cycling in anyways. Thus begins a new chapter, my N-th attempt to return to running. I admit, I'm having some motivational issues... why do I bother doing this to myself? Statistically this attempt will end like all the others: with much heartache and a hefty medical bill.

Nonetheless, I'm committed. I can do this.


Wednesday: 3 miles, 25:34 in the Arroyo (8:31 min/mile)

Glad to see that my legs still remember what to do. Other than the ragged breathing, this run felt okay. Concentrated on landing on the outside of my foot, so as not to acquire another navicular stress fracture.

Thursday: 3 miles, 25:33 in the Arroyo (8:31 min/mile)

Felt pretty sore after yesterday, but if I take a day off now, I may never go back. Powered on through, just thinking about keeping a good rhythm. Pleased to see that the pace was the same as yesterday!

Friday: Off, shots

Arghhhh... I am insanely, insanely sore. I could barely lift myself out of my chair at work yesterday and today is not much better. I can not believe I have been vanquished by a 3 mile run...

Saturday: 5.2 miles, 45:54 two laps of Washington Park in Denver (8:38 min/mile)

A pleasant surprise. The air is cleaner and the temperatures are lower here. Felt pretty decent, and passed a lot of people on the first lap. Though I slowed down a little bit (22:16/22:38), I was pretty excited to be able to do two laps at all. Felt pretty tired in the last stretch though.


Week Total: 11.2 miles, just gotta keep at it.

No comments: