Monday, February 19, 2007

Week of 02/18/2007 - 02/24/2007 (Base Phase, training block 2, Week A, take two)

Here we go now.

I still don't know exactly what to make of all of my persistent running and non running related illnesses, but somehow I've got to get back on the ball before everything falls apart. The important races are less than a month away now, and I gotta do everything I can to be prepared. Honestly though, I'm just scared and frustrated. I don't understand what's wrong with my body and I think that's worse than knowing what something is and that it's fixable, even if that process takes a long time.

Sunday 02/18: off. Making the long drive back from AZ. It just all hurts, everything from my face to my arch. Forgot to wear the sock. Arghhhh.

Monday 02/19: ~9 miles, 1:30-ish total adventure run in the mountains with the Brain. Intended: Mt. Lukens to the summit, Actual: got lost immediately, descended pleasantly for 30 minutes before realizing we missed our turn off.

Detoured up a steep little trail and explored along the ridge. Rugged and beautiful, but also steep and narrow with harrowing drop-offs, almost peed my pants. Dying hazard = Extremely High. Hardest climb I've ever done, was maybe 18 minutes at most, but thought I would go into cardiac arrest. 35 minute climb back UP to the starting point was miserable. Legs felt okay, but the running system felt bad. Breathing out of control, heartrate probably also out of control, kind of felt like drowning. I just need consistent training... arrrrrghhhhhhhhh......

Tuesday 02/20: 6.25 miles, 56 minutes, slowest I've ever done this run, but heartrate spiked anyways. I've always had this intuitive sense that I have an above averagely weak cardiovascular system, but its sort of discouraging to see an actual number quantifying that... like it stresses my heart so much to do a slow run, I can't imagine how I'm ever going to run any faster.

Wednesday 02/21: ~5 miles, 47 minutes at enforced heart rate of 145-155 around South Fields in Nike Frees. I guess 5 miles might actually be generous on this one, sooooo slow. Exercise in patience, may have achieved a state of zen by the end. Saw Mark and Ian doing miles, so jealous.

Thursday 02/21: ~7 miles, 1 hour random Pasadena, started with team, tried to do 6 x 3 on, 2 off but felt like crap, then right quad started cramping, had to jog back home. Total disaster. There's just something really wrong with my body, and I can feel it, but its not entirely clear what the issue is. Going to the doctor tomorrow.

Friday 02/22: off. Spent all day at the doctor, felt pretty crappy. Lets hope I'll find out what's wrong with me next week. meh.

Saturday 02/23: 6 miles, 62 minutes around North Fields in Nike Frees at enforced heartrate of 140, felt like 10 minute miles, then 4 striders, felt great. Arches are starting to feel a lot stronger, no pain since Monday, good to do jogging in Frees on grass. Now if I can just fix the rest of my body... I could be headed for some training sometime soon :).

Target Mileage: 40 Miles
Week to date: 33.25 Miles
Last Week: 29.8 Miles

I don't know if I can even do any real workouts this week. I just want to be un-sick and un-broken :'(

No comments: