Thursday, August 25, 2011

oh, hi there bloggity blog!

Its been some time, hasn't it?

On one hand, I really no longer have time to chronicle my athletic pursuits (or lack thereof), but then I was thinking about it the other day and I've kept this training log since 2006... so it seems a shame to lose a record of some of the more physiologically interesting (if not competitively fruitful) training  that I've had in the year or so that I've been away.  So, I will make a renewed attempt to post... some stuff... sometimes.  Deal?  Deal.

Okay, well lets start with the reallllly old stuff.  After femoral neck stress fracture (diagnosed May 2010), I lolled around in my misery for a while until I went, kicking and screaming to the pool around July.  Started running in Vibrams on grass with 385m of infield every other day sometime towards the end of August.  Both of these enterprises can be seen chronicled through the end of 2010 here:

2010 Injury Training Log

I was actually just perusing this file with some amusement a few days ago.  Quick thoughts:
  • Running:  Hey, actually I was kind of a trooper to stick to those paces despite my extreme lack of fitness and extreme abundance of mass. (Pats self on back).
  • Swimming:  Some of those earlier entries are so adorably slow!  Its kind of a good feeling to be new at something and hence still have the ability to improve rapidly.
Alrighty, onwards and upwards (or whatever the "-wards" derivative of "more speedily" is).

No comments: