Thursday, May 24, 2007

Week of 05/20/2007 - 05/26/2007 (Separated 2nd Metatarsal Joint Week 2)

No training this week. Just trying to get my crap together. Two words: oy vey.

Sunday 05/20 - Monday 05/21: Packing boxes, lifting boxes, moving boxes... on the upside, I'm not getting as fat as I could be, on the down side, my feet are killing me. Toe joint is getting progressively worse, so glad that the moving is almost over. Feeling anxious... about flying again, about health, about life.

Tuesday 05/22: Woke up in the early AM took one step out of bed and felt a searing pain through the arch of my RIGHT foot. GAH! Went immediately back to sleep, and thankfully it was a lot better after a few more hours of sleep. Still freaked me out... I still think the flat shoes are damaging to basically everything else in your foot (and knees, since there's no give or cushioning, especially when boxes are being transported...). I don't think I'm going to wear them anymore.

Wednesday 05/23: Nothing, made it safely home. Exhausted, but glad to be back. Had interesting existential conversation with Gustavo who picked me up from the airport, forgot to ask him how running (or his recent lack of it) fits in with all of this philosophy.

Thursday 05/24 - Saturday 05/26: Unproductive, over-eating. Foot getting worse, bastards won't move my appointment up to get the cortisone shot. *Shakes fist*. Despite my resolution, I am still sucking at being healthy and at life... gotta do better next week.

1 comment:

Katherine said...

You should design a shoe that keeps your foot under constant cooling, so the swelling finally goes away... Okay, maybe not CONSTANT icing, but frequent icing. I can't believe all that pain is due to near-dislocation-due-to-swelling. OMG.